Run for Burma in the San Fransicso Marathon, Half Marathon or 5k!
Sunday, June 16 2013
We are honored that you would like to Run for Burma and transform your run into an opportunity to help save lives in Burma!
To support you in your run, we provide:
- Run for Burma marathon/running training and nutritional guide,
- Small group training runs in the Bay area (if interest exists)
- Team Run for Burma San Francisco Marathon 2013 performance running shirt by Brooks (for those who raise at least $100)
- Pre-run Pasta Party
- Bi-weekly newsletter with articles and advice on distance running
- Personal fundraising website to share with friends and family to help you meet (and hopefully exceed) your fundraising goal
- Prizes for top fund raisers
- A Brooks Run for Burma running jacket if you raise $1,000 or more
- Two dozen plus fundraising ideas and our experienced fundraising support
- Sign up a friend and receive a $50 fundraising credit
- We will reimburse you the cost of your bib if you raise at least $300! (and hopefully more!)
Why join the Run for Burma Team?
Run for Burma is the charity running team of Burma Humanitarian Mission. We provide medicine and medic training to backpack medics operating throughout the conflict zones of eastern and northern Burma where the Burma army…to this day…continues to inflict violence on the Karen, Kachin and other ethnic minorities. The army routinely shells villages, shoots men and boys, rapes women to intimate them. Click here to see all of our programs to help the people of Burma. As a result of the Burma army’s violence:
- 1 in 7 children die before their 5th birthday – 10 times the rate in Thailand
- The maternal mortality rate is 15 times the rate in Thailand and 54 times higher than in the U.S.
- 1 in 5 suffer from malaria
- 1 in 5 from Acute Respiratory Infection (pneumonia)
- 60% of all children’s deaths could have been prevented with basic medicines
Where BHM supported medics operate, deaths from malaria and dysentery are down by 50% while child mortality has been cut in half.
You can and will help save lives as your stride through the streets of San Francisco!
To learn more about how to join us, please contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Special thanks to Brooks for your steadfast support of Run for Burma!
Return to "Run For Burma" page